Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Updates


Well it's been weeks and weeks and we've been very busy here in Missouri....
I've been making some cute bags for my Etsy shoppe and we have a new addition to our family:)
His name is Lucky and he's 17 years old and a very ornery boy.
He needs a bit of work on his listening skill... as does the other 2 children in my house hold. But my girls are very excited and my eldest is LOVING having "her" own pony.... Really it's for all of us
but she is having a very hard time sharing him with her younger sister... Of course :) All will work out in the end - I have no worries.
I've very much enjoyed watching my youngest, who's 6, blossom from a very much stay next to mommy type of personality, to a wonderful little girl who has no qualms about going out with other friends at the barn to get their horses and help brush, clean hooves and what ever else the nice person will let her do. It's been fantastic to watch and I've had NO problems adjusting to the new girl :) I was ready for her to be a bit more independent but I just needed her to be ready.
I spent about an hour on Sunday cleaning brush and vines from our fence line. Where I discovered we have poison sumac - lovely.. but luckily I think I made it inside to wash off quickly enough - I only have a small line of itchies on my right arm. I'm hoping to clear out the annoying vines and plant flowering plants or veggies and herbs - anything but the vines and yew bushes that are out there now! We've also planned out where our spiral herb garden will go so now I get to start bringing in soil and manure for planting.....
I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment